Monday, December 28, 2009

the end? or the beginning?

“Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.”
-Erich Fromm


4 months have gone by and I mean FLEW by! I'm leaving Spain in a few hours taking the dreaded trip to Barajas Airport with more luggage than I came, Alot more. I still can't believe it. I was able to show so much of Madrid to my family while they were here (Christmas in Madrid) and even see new sites like Toledo and El Escorial, it was alot of fun to have them here and show them my city.

AND I ALMOST FORGOT!!! I WAS ALMOST PICK-POCKETED!!! It was so surreal... I had a big suitcase in front of me and these 2 guys were working together (just like you hear) and one wasn't letting me through, so as I was concentrating on this one guy not letting me pass, the other guy HAD HIS HAND PULLING MY ZIPPER OF MY PURSE! Then I noticed that his jacket was over his arm and covering my purse, so I immediately pulled my purse closer to me and shoved this guy touching my purse with my arm... OF COURSE, he got all defensive and threw his arms up in the air as if saying, "What I didn't do anything..." And then right before the doors closed, both guys jumped out! So if they had stolen anything from me, I would have been stuck, these guys jumped out the doors while the metro doors closed with me on the train moving in the other direction!!! AND THAT'S HOW THEY DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily I had heard all of these stories before and was able to realize what was going on. But it was cool to actually watch it happen, even though it was happening to me... weird? Anyways...

But for all you in Madrid, and in any other big cities in Spain or Europe and back home in the States, watch all your belongings!!! and guys- don't put your wallets in your back pockets!

I definitely had the time of my life here while studying abroad in Madrid and I will never forget it. The friends and memories I made here will last me a lifetime. LOVE to all!

Hasta Luego Madrid.
Hola Tinley Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment