"It's kinda fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Halloween: definitely CELEBRATED in Spain!
I'm pretty sure that almost all Spaniards have an obsession with sangre=blood. Everyone dressed up as a dead person aka the devil, zombie bride, zombie, vampire, beetle juice, little saw man riding tricycle, gothic looking things, dead doctors, dead people, spiderman, spiders... etc. It was definitely really cool to see though. But I don't think that anyone goes Trick Or Treating for candy... how sad is that?
Friday night, we all went to Kapital and Saturday night we walked around bar hopping in the Plaza Mayor and near La Latina. City and people watching all weekend.
Anyways crazy story... I saw the after effect of someone getting pick-pocketed!! Two guys were yelling at each other after they got off the metro and the pick pocketer got onto the tracks and jumped up to the other side of the metro. The guy must have noticed really quick and was yelling at him and racing him up the stairs to try and corner him but the pick-pocketer turned around and ran all the way down the side that I was on to the other exit... At first we had no idea what was happening and then as the other guy who got pick-pocketed came to our side he was talking to some guys that were near the pick-pocketer yelling, "He took my money!" I felt really bad for the guy, even though the guy had his wallet in his back pocket. He was a European but I couldn't tell where he was from.
Other than that, me and my roommates went to El Rastro this morning and later to Plaza de Espana to see 500 Dias Juntos. While heading back towards the Plaza, we saw a little flea market with booths in the middle. Just walked around browsing since I need to save my money! Also had paella today for lunch, mmmmm so good!
This weekend I am going to Seville, which is about a 6 hour bus ride from Madrid. I think we are going to take a 1am bus on Thursday so we can get there Friday morning and not have to pay for a night at a hostel!
P.S- How is it already NOVEMBER???
Have a good Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment