supposed to do and I did them anyways. the thing is,
life is too short to be following rules.
-greys anatomy
Another weekend, come and gone... Just like that! :[
An early Friday morning to Madrid Barajas Airport or (Plane Station) as we now call it. A 45 minute flight got us into Santiago de Compostela around 11am. Of course, raining when we got there. I can't believe how much it rains in Santiago, it's like the Forks of Twilight... yes i just made that comparison. I guess my head is still consumed in New Moon. But anyways, we waited for the airport bus and had a 20 minute ride into the small city. Later, we toured in the rain and saw the BEAUTIFUL church there. We also went inside during a mass. I'm not sure what it is called but they have this huge cauldron looking metal thing and it flies in the air while steaming out those churchy insence fumes. It was crazy, that thing was flying like CRAZY! I took a few videos of it, so I'll try and put one of those up later. We also went to a cute little restaurant and tried some traditional Galician foods. I ordered the Galician stock which is basically a broth with vegetables, potatos, and this seaweed stuff and also got a type of fish called Merluza. Later we headed back a little soaked and cold. Of course it was late Siesta time, which turned into a VERY VERY long nap.
The next day, we woke up early to go to Coruña, about 50 minutes NE of Santiago. Once there we went to a bunch of high look out points that overlooked the city and the oceans! Soo pretty and it wasn't rainy in Coruña only super windy! I thought one of my earrings was going to fall off when we climbed the Torre de Hercules! There's a picture of it too, flying in the wind! Before climbing the torre de Hercules, we ate at a little restaurant that was famous for their Pulpo y Patatas. Pulpo is octupus and they served it on a bed of potatos with olive oil and paprika. It was really good, I was kinda nervous to try it at first because you could see the tentacles and a little bit of suction pieces, but oh well, have to try everything in Spain, especially Galicia. Since the Pulpo is practically famous and a delicacy here. After eating, we walked up the Torre de Hercules. It was a long hike up the tower! But the view was gorgeous. We took a ton of pictures and then headed to another spot in Coruña. We walked throught some gardens and also went to their big Plaza Mayor there. The buildings were so pretty and white. What kind of trip is there without shopping? No trip! Outside of the Plaza, we found the shopping district. Now now, I didn't go crazy or anything but they had some different shops there and some of the same that we have in Madrid. Later, we headed back to Santiago and then ate some pasta for dinner. We decided to hit up some local bars in the old section but there wasn't too much going on- I guess the night life there starts much later, around 3am. And we didn't want to stay out late because of our early AM flight on Sunday.
We got back to Madrid around 1pm and then came back home. Later Sunday, I saw New Moon in english. It was good in Spanish but even better in English! I have alot of homework these next 2 weeks, which is basically finals stuff and then projects due before finals! ¡Que PENA!!! Not too excited about that one but oh well. On Wednesday, we have our CEA Flamenco Show and then Thursday is Turkey Day!!! Still deciding what to do for Thanksgiving here!

And then early early early Saturday morning, I leave for Lisbon, Portugal! I've heard nothing but good things about Portugal, so I can't wait to experience it for myself!
Until then, Hasta Luego!
& have a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment